Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My mother died in my dream - but she is still alive  (Read 89678 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
My mother died in my dream - but she is still alive
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »
I had a dream of my mother-she’s alive. But in my dream she died. Normally, I do not feel in my dreams-or maybe I'm unaware of my feeling while I dream, but this time my feelings were so strong and I felt alone, and the dream felt real. When I awoke I first questioned if she was alive and then began howling. What does this mean? I can’t shake off the feeling I had in my dream. Please, please REPLY.

Rachel

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My mother died in my dream - but she is still alive
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »
Rachel – I have met this dream before in a man I was working with as a therapist. We were exploring his dream, and he was so certain his father had died, and I stopped him from ringing up his father to see if he was still alive. I suggested he allowed it to carry on in his imagination and he saw his father die and buried him. He then assured me it was finished but again I insisted there was more. And that was when the meaning became apparent, because then he suddenly he felt that the strength from his father had filled him and he felt wonderful.

This is the way our inner world of dreams goes about its amazing business. We dream of the death of a parent – or even parents – as we try to leave them to become independent. So your tears were the deep feelings you have about being alone without the backing of your parents. It is a natural and healthy way of becoming independent. If you allow your feelings to be felt deeply, you will get to the feeling of knowing the strength your parents have planted in you. Then you can meet your parent in a new and adult way. Many people never manage this step, so when their parent actually dies they are stricken and grieving for the loss because they have never become independent and are dependent.

Tony
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:31:17 AM by Tony Crisp »