Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Embarrassed in a dream  (Read 4816 times)

iteachpeace

• View Profile
Embarrassed in a dream
« on: May 03, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »
I had a dream last night that I was driving through West Virginia with my husband on a long road trip and we passed a road that turned to the right had a little bridge that crossed over a creek in a small valley between two very old mountains.  There was a little town there and an antique shop.  As we sped past, I asked my husband if we could go to the shop...  that when we had passed through this way once before, I wanted to stop, but we didn't;t get the chance to do so.  I pulled up some satellite pictures of the area where we were driving and assured him that this was indeed the place I remembered from several years ago.

We turned around and drove to the road, crossed the sparkling creek and went to the antique store.  Now here is where things got a little strange.  We walked in the old building and the owner immediately told us he had several old pianos he had to get rid of.  He brought us to a backroom and showed us an old piano with three keyboards.  Since we were driving to New York, in a jeep, we didn't have any room for it, but he insisted that we both try to play it.  My husband played a tune and even I, not knowing how to play the piano, was able to make something almost like music.

We looked at a few more items, a big cupboard full of cut glass bowls and glasses.   I walked down a hallway and went into a bathroom.  The owner tried to come in, so I said excuse me and reached over and slid the lock on the door.  Suddenly and out of nowhere, a bunch of the owners nephews, his uncle and grandmother and some of his sisters in law were all in the bathroom while I was going to the toilet.  They were not paying any attention to me, but I was mortified.  The old uncle was complaining about the owner selling everything off and closing the shop (it had bee his father's business) and saying he thought he should take over.  I couldn't stop my
self from using the toilet, so I did.  I felt completely humiliated. I got up and left the room-- again without acknowledgment and walked through some of the other rooms browsing through the antiques.  Suddenly I realized I had no pants on.  I remembered that I had taken them off a long time ago because I had on two pairs of tights and jeans and it was really hot outside.  When I realized what I had done, I couldn't believe that I would drive and walk around naked from the waist down and not until that point notice it. 

I asked my husband to go out to the jeep and get my pants.  I was pulling my shirt down to try to cover myself and people were walking all around me but didn't say a thing.  Finally, I got my pants on and I walked outside to the creek that ran behind the building.  It was crystal clear, cool and beautiful.  Then we left the town.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Embarrassed in a dream
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
ITeachPeace – It seems that the dream is a journey into yourself, into your memories. It was memories about something that happened several years ago.

The were old memories, and if you had dipped under the surface of the images of the antiques, you would have found just how much of your feelings and person is locked into the past and what it created in you. It links with other people and resulted in you wanted to release a tension, something that was a pressure that you needed to let go of – the toilet.

Whatever it was it links with feelings of humiliation from the past. And that in turn links to the realisation what those feelings were, and it is a display of your sexual feelings; and where sex or sexuality is mentioned, I am not simply referring to the sex act. I mean sexuality in its overall aspect, which includes the urge toward parenthood, and the love and caring connected with it.

Your feelings and connection with your husband helped you to deal with those feelings and then you felt that things were fine – even beautiful.

Tony