Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are You Two Sisters?  (Read 5034 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Are You Two Sisters?
« on: May 03, 2012, 02:54:45 AM »
I write a return address in black marker on a white letter size envelope.  The return address reads as my last name and my parents address...or my childhood address.

I am standing in the dining room...across from me in the doorway opposite right I see the giant body of a tan horse.  It is facing toward the dining room, but I can not see it's head as it extends far above the top of the door jam...it's head appears to extend higher than the ceiling.  I say that "you need to get that horse out of here" and I finish what i want to say in my head...before it poops on the floor and someone has to clean it up.

In the doorway a woman appears...she looks like me but is not wearing glasses.

On my left in front of me is the "telephone table"...an old upholstered chair with two shelves on the right at arm level.  The telephone and the address book was keep there.  An older, stern looking woman is sitting there...she looks like me too...her face is bonier...and too she has no glasses.

A girl sits on the older ones lap or is standing in front of her.  I ask the two women "are you sisters?"  The younger woman shakes her head no and I replay 'that's funny because she looks like both of you."

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Are You Two Sisters?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:36:54 AM »
Christine – The first part of the dream is fairly clear. It shows you dealing with attitudes, problems or things you were facing at the time of your childhood.

The large horse is, I think, enormous energy you could use. It is the sort of energy that is responsive and instinctive, so could respond to your needs or direction. I am not sure what it means that it is in your house, perhaps that you are treating it like a pet dog, which it is not. A horse can be a wonderful energy that literally carries you around and work for you.

The different women are all different attitudes or responses to life that you have developed. It would be good idea to know what they are, to integrate them into usable energy or tools. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »
Thank you Tony!  Your comments were very helpful.

I was also thinking of the three women as mother, maiden and crone...and of them not speaking...not seeing with glasses...the horse coming up behind them...and the horse as my (past) tendency to spend a lot of energy on reacting to others rather than being proactive for myself.

I appreciate your keeping it simple in dream interpretation...as I think you have noticed I tend to do the opposite.
Any references you could provide that can assist me with that would be appreciated.

I hope you are having a lovely Spring!   

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:52:57 AM »
Hi Christine - I have found it really helpful to talk as or with the characters of my dreams. I give some example of this in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-exploring-your-dreams/#TalkingAs

Tony