Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are these random or connected?  (Read 6769 times)

Midlander

• View Profile
Are these random or connected?
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »
Dreamt over a series of nights, these all felt significant and I wonder whether they're connected and what the message really is.

a)I'm in a house (it's my house in the dream although not one I recognise) and I'm conducting a funeral (something I do in real life) for a family who are dressed and behaving in a very old fashioned manor. I ask whether there is a fee for the use of my house but am told t...here isn't because the family can't afford it -that's why they're using my house and not the Church. At the end of the funeral - which is in my sitting room - the family leaves but the coffin is still there - it's a very cheap coffin. I go into another reception room where my Churchwarden is waiting after helping with the funeral. I take a piece of cake from a plate but it is all icing and little cake. I see the family are still outside the front door and wonder why they haven't left....

b) I am in a cafe style restaurant. Across the room at a table is the man I want to be with but recent circumstances have kept us apart. He's having lunch with an Indian woman. I am on my own. I have a plate of curry - I go to the central island to get cutlery; the waiter is kind to me. The man and Indian woman leave the cafe via my table, although they don't have to. I stand and talk to him - at first he is distant but then we get into an involved conversation in which I tell him about his friend who is dating an Indian woman chef. We become very involved in conversation and the Indian woman with him is left waiting. When they leave, I see that she is really quite old. I know he is more interested in me.

c)I am with the man in dream b and we are with a few other people; we need to escape from this ruined building where some sort of monster is after us. We manage to get out and into a run down minibus. I am driving. The man and I are bickering about how to drive in front of the other people. There is a problem with the minibus and we pull into a service station. The man asks whether I have put salt in the petrol. I say that I didn't know that I had to. I realise that he is right.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Are these random or connected?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:28:30 PM »
Well Midlander – There are several things I would liked to have known to make things clear. Are you a woman – I am supposing you are. Is the man in dream B someone you know in waking or is it a dream male?

Anyway I feel the dreams are related and there is a theme running through. So I am calling the dream sequence, “Icing but no Cake”.

You say you are involved in funerals, but it is taking place in your own house – but a strange one. This suggests it had a personal message, ‘near to home’ as the saying goes. You are used to dealing with death, but I suppose part of your work is to assure the death is made final and everyone leaves. But in your dream the funeral/death is in your sitting room, so this is in your living space, the coffin in still there and the people did not leave. All this suggests to me there is something that has died, maybe a relationship, something in your life that has now gone – but yet isn’t finished yet. Not neatly tied up and disposed of. I cannot tell what that is, but from what follows I think it is a relationship.

The meal of a curry seems to me to be a relationship that either has a sexual connection, or you would like it to. In any case I believe it is about competition between you and another woman. As you say you see he is more interested in you.

And then the monster that is after you and you need to escape from is an emotion. Look I am guessing, but it could be the monster of jealousy, and the ruined building probably has something linking with the funeral, the undealt with death situation that you are trying to escape from – maybe escaping by ignoring it.

The salt suggests the subtle qualities you bring to your activities that transform them from empty trivialities into meaning or give them zest. There is certainly a problem here, though not a big one, that needs attention. You need to spice your relationship up to give it the energy to get going.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
Re: Are these random or connected?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
Thanks Tony - I'd looked at all three dreams and used your directory but was unable to come up with any of what you did. I think this is because of an inability (fear?) to see what is really there.

Yes, I'm a woman and the man in dream B is in my 'real' life but has been ill with depression since last year and that has taken him out of my life for some months. I like 'all icing and no cake' it resonnates! I think the 'emotion' might be fear; in this context, fear that the resolution will never come or fear that I might have competition and that I won't 'win'?