Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eyelashes  (Read 6875 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Eyelashes
« on: May 05, 2012, 03:36:28 PM »
I dreamed this morning of looking in the mirror and trying to fan my eyelashes out.  Of course, I wasn't using mascara because that might give people the wrong indication.  I just found it a bit strange.  I interpret it as a dream about vanity. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Eyelashes
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:45:08 PM »
Aristocrates – To give you a straight quote from the dictionary:

This has a great many levels of meaning. Basically it is a looking at yourself, a self examination; and the face in the mirror may not match your own. It may be better or worse. That is, in self examination you may come across, or see, parts of our nature that are the worst side or the best side of you. These are the things you do not usually see about yourself. You may, for instance, see innate possibilities as they would be in full bloom. But the mirror might only reflect your negative worries about yourself, or how you think you appear to others. Worries about ageing might be one of these. Nevertheless, the dream process usually tries to lead through worry to growth.

Tony

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
In this dream there were only positive feelings.  I've really struggled with my self-image and my self-esteem since puberty.  One reason is a chest deformity I was born with.  My sternum protrudes on one side a full inch.  In high school I was doing pushups relentlessly as muscle masks the protrusion a bit.  Also, my previous relationship made these problems even worse.  I was "too thin", "too short", "had poor posture" though I was completely satisfied with her.  The so-called shortcomings she saw in me didn't end with my appearance either.  Anyways, maybe this dream is an indication of me starting to become comfortable in my own skin again.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:02:08 PM by Aristocrates »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »
Aristocrates – I have a wonderful search program on my PC that files every word written, and also words near others or like them. So I searched ‘eyelashes’ and the only thing I found that might explain your dream is this - Many premies do not have eyelashes or fingernails. Cartilage may not have formed the shape of the ears. A boy may be born before his foreskin has grown or his testicles descended. A girl may have a prominent clitoris and small vaginal folds. The child is sometimes covered with fine hair, called lanugo, that is ordinarily sloughed off in the womb.

I week 15-22 Beginning of hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes. The fine hair is called lanugo. Eyelids fused. Finger and toenails growing.

So I wonder if it is saying that your eyelashes are growing to show some form of healing.

On second thoughts I wonder if you are integrating that troublesome female side.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:20:36 PM by Tony Crisp »

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:40:08 PM »
I think each of those are a possibility.  I do know one thing for certain.  I no longer have any desire for trying to hold on to my previous relationship.  So yeah, this could signify me healing although the scarring is still visible.

Part of this may be also due to the fact that I've found a new romance :)  She's quite the opposite of my ex.  So laid back.

I like the idea that I'm "integrating that troublesome female side".  .

Also what if it was an indication of me preparing myself for a new relationship?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:43:22 PM by Aristocrates »

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
I really enjoyed reading this post.

I have a son who has autism...he is 13...non-verbal.

He loves to give and recieve butterfly kisses on his face...and he likes to fan out his eyelashes and other peoples with his fingers.

So the post made me think of him.

Maybe you are becoming receptive to a different level of feeling.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 08:52:23 AM »
Hi - Have you read http://dreamhawk.com/news/interview-with-a-sex-worker-2/

Now there's a laid back lady. Her attitude was when confronted by someone's problem, "What problems? I can't see any problems, just someone to love".

Tony