Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: red walls  (Read 5553 times)

stevec

• View Profile
red walls
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »
I had bought a new - old house. It was a charming cottage with views of land out every window, a gate at the top of of a valley like situation the house sat down in. It was night. i was excited and interested in the house and eager to discover its quirks, if you will. The place was defiantly run down but that didn't bother me in the least - it had such potential. I began to clean and with a rag i started rubbing the door frame and the paint, a dull beige grey, easily came off and under it was a bright red. I was elated that someone had painted the doors and i assume wood work red.
There were many people milling around that i didn't know and a woman came in with a young child, none of this bothered me.
I wonder what the red means?

thanks,

S

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: red walls
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:57:24 PM »
Stevec – It is not just the red that is interesting, the house and its position. The house is old, suggesting that you are uncovering and claiming an old way of life.

The red is a sign of life – blood the water of life. It is about the basic emotions and nature – even at time danger or excitement. So what I wonder are you about to uncover in yourself.

In Africa red ochre was, and still is, called the ‘blood of the earth’ and is used in rituals to do with death and renewal. Because red is connected with blood and blood’s obvious link with health, being alive, and the process of childbirth in women, ochre and the colour red were and still are, often used in healing practices. Red wine is also seen as blood in the magical rituals of the church and other groups.

Tony

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 03:33:35 PM »
Tony - always amaze in your response. But I did feel some reclaim while working in this house...in that I did not wander around but got busy and went forward with tasks. I accepted everything as it was and was commited to work - so dream imagery tell us so much - in this as i think it refers to an old project I have recently placed in the forefront that in the past I don't think I was ready or capable of working on in the way I can now. Does that make sense?
The Red under the bland paint rubbed off was power. Affirmative.

Thanks,

S

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:57:03 AM »
It sounds like you will see the result of your 'go getter' attitude fairly soon. I have seen other dreams of 'reclaim' or as we call it over here renovation bring good result in your life.

Tony