Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Co-worker Dreams of My Death  (Read 7449 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Co-worker Dreams of My Death
« on: May 10, 2012, 07:31:13 PM »
This came as a big surprise.  A co-worker told me about a dream she had of me.  She said that she was driving down the road and it came over the radio,"Bobby Simpson died today in a car accident."  She said it was like if a president had died and that they were holding a funeral at the university we attended with thousands of people in attendance.  Also, she mentioned that my casket was wrapped in a flag.  She's in the Army National Guard and I've enlisted in the Air Force.  Maybe that has something to do with it.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:38:52 AM by Aristocrates »

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Co-worker Dreams of My Death
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »
Did she know you had enlisted before she had the dream?  Although she is in the guard, do you think she might prefer to serve full time if she could? I am thinking the dream is more about her than you.

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:42:19 PM »
Yes. She knew already.  I'm not sure if she wanted to serve full time or not.  There was and is nothing stopping her.  They go through the same training as full time service members.  She would just have to make a request.  Once you're in the military you even  have the opportunity to switch branches.  I just remembered, she plays trumpet.  That's her military job.  Anyways, I guess I'd have to ask her to be sure but my guess is that she actually prefers being in the guard.  

Yeah, I'd say you're right.  It was her dream afterall.  
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:44:03 PM by Aristocrates »

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 05:38:34 AM »
Wow! Ok, so I asked my co-worker the question tonight.  Christine, I have to say, I think you have a gift.  You were spot on.  She has in fact always wanted to be active duty.  She says she's going to try to switch over as soon as she gets the opportunity.  I gave her the name of the website.  So she may be joining us soon.  She says she often has very vivid dreams and I can't think of a better place for her to go than here with the dreamhawk. 

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:05:07 AM »
Cool!  It sounds like your taking the initiative to bring that up with her helped her to empower herself! :D