Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Time and Temperature  (Read 5577 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Time and Temperature
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:31:16 AM »
On what looks like an alien planet...looks like a bomb has dropped and all the white buildings are down.  Boys and men dressed in black everywhere.  Black aliens are coming down from the sky.  I climb a mountain of white rubble with other people dressed in white.

In a room looking at a drawing...a tall dark man on my right...the picture is of a graph going up...a clock...a thermometer....the thermometer breaks and the black liquid mercury pours out into the picture frame.  The man seems agitated...I ask...do you want me to fix this..."no"...he says and he walks away.

I am in my mothers bedroom (she slept separately from my father) standing and facing the bed.  On the right a tall greyish/blackish male figure...he is hugging several small white figures who are lying in a spoon formation on the left.  They are facing away from him.

When I was a child and in my teens...when I needed to be comforted I did not ask as I usually laughed at or humiliated in some way... I used to crawl into bed with my mother and hug her from behind.  She was not a very affectionate person.  I also have 3 younger siblings which might be the figures in the bed as well..sometimes when things were bad between my parents...we would all sleep in the same bed.

I have been really struggling with negative thinking lately.

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Time and Temperature
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »
Forgot to mention....very beginning of dream...I have black hair and I am sucking on my own nipple...but it is black.

The male figure in the bed...I push a piece of paper towards him with black writing on it and a black pen.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »

Christine – It is not thinking that you are struggling with, but your feelings about those thoughts. Thoughts are simply photocopies of the real things, and have no power unless they stir us up emotionally and cause fear. If you think about a person you know it can never be that person – just a poor copy.

I know that is just me spouting off, but I have found it wonderfully useful to recognise what thinking actually is.

But your dream is another matter. It is a picture of a very dark condition you are in, with the pressure building. It speaks of pain that there is no escape from except through your nipple

I wonder whether a way to slowly meet these feelings is to use the http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/the-slow-breath/#1-4-2

I have found this of great value dealing with things such as these – different times in my life: “My own sex life has become a desert with its pain, soiled with its dead life. - Then I wept, convulsed with pain and misery as I relived the experience of having my tonsils out. I wept and jerked, feeling that terrible shock the pain had worked on my sexual feelings, the centre of my sensitive nervous system. Then I lived through the operation on my nose, and it felt as if my whole nose filled with blood. – The pain was so great I ended sucking my bicep as if it were a breast.”

These were not dreams

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »
Thanks Tony...I'll research the link.

Last night a voice spoke to me "your point of attention needs to be on your doctor."  Then I am standing at the edge of a cliff trying not to look down.  Then I see a tube of liquid make up in front of me...a long tube of foundation has been squeezed out on the counter.