Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vague Dream: Horses, Trees and Rivers  (Read 5814 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Vague Dream: Horses, Trees and Rivers
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:29:08 AM »
I had a rather vague series of dreams this morning.  I don't believe they are connected.  First, I remember riding a horse in a circle.  The horse was moving extremely fast and personally, I've never been a big fan of horses.  I don't find them safe.  They have a mind of their own; are unpredictable.  This was evident in the dream as well.  I was at odds with the horse the entire time and eventually the horse and I separate and I don't know where the horse is.  This seems to correlate to my previous relationship.  I'm the rider and my ex is the horse.   Anyways, I struggled to direct the horse but the horse just wasn't having it.  So the next thing I know I'm standing on the ground wondering where in the hell the horse might have run off to. 

Next, there's is a huge machine used to cut down trees and it's coming across the river approaching a patch land.  I fear for the trees.  I think how awful it is that this machine will be cutting down trees.  Then the scenery changes a bit.  The river is gone and it seems we are in someone's yard.  They have a row of trees along a fence or a road and I really don't think they should be cut down.  Anyways, one of my brothers is there.  He gives the go ahead and all these trees begin to be cut down.  I worry for the trees and worry about the opinion of the property owner because it doesn't seem that they authorized this. 

Now let's talk about rivers.  The river wasn't around very long in my dream.  It was in the scenery before we got to the yard.  The river reminded me of videos I've seen of the amazon.  Other than the river there were just trees and trees.  What was significant about this in my mind is that when I woke up I immediately remembered many of my past dreams that had rivers or water in them.  I was astounded that these images had left such an imprint on my mind.  I mean, I may as well have actually been to these places the way I was able to recall them.  In fact, I was able to recall these dreams better than most of the memories from my waking life.  And still, they are fresh in my mind. 

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Vague Dream: Horses, Trees and Rivers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:09:35 AM »
 :D The first part of the dream made me laugh!

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:32:29 AM »
HAHAHA!! Yeah, it really is funny.  Lol, that wasn't my initial intention but I was half-asleep when I wrote it. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »
Aristocrates – I honestly do not see the horse as your ex – the old folly of seeing dreams as referring to someone else instead of your own feelings. The horse is a wonderful part of you – See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/#mammalbrain – and you may get an idea of what your horse is.

From what you say it is probably you struggling to control your natural urges instead of sometimes giving it its freedom to express.

Maybe that is how the machine came into it – the cutting down and controlling the natural growth. In your inner life you are still worried about the rules, that re applicable in waking life but not in dreams.

And the river is that natural flow that runs through your body and life – think of it; you are a river with all the water that flows through you; you are the wind like a formless force that you breathe in and out all your life; and that breathe blows on the fire within you giving you warmth and energy. It is the flow of life.

Tony