Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two Boats  (Read 7067 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Two Boats
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »
I am watching a white luxury yacht or fishing boat speed away from me into the golden sun.  A tall woman dressed in white is standing on top of the boat.  She is protected by guide ropes around her...the kind of dividing ropes you might see used in a que.  In the dream I feel sad as if I was supposed to be her.

In the next scene I am underwater and above me I see a huge white ship.  I see a ladder and mentally I know I need to climb up on the ship, but am focused on and seem to be paralyzed by what I see under the water...a clearly drawn alligator and an octopus.

This next part might have been afterwards or the next nights dream.  I am standing on the ship and am all black including my skin...I am leaning against a giant white mattress and seem to be stuck to it.  I am alternating between crossing my legs, as if to protect my genitals, and separating and trying to lift my legs.  Across from me is a tall dark woman black skin and I am supposed to dance with her.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Two Boats
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
Christine – What have you been up to – or not been up to – to dream such dreams?

The theme seems to be not be able to do what you feel urged to do, supposed to do, or know you ought to do.

I have the feeling of a missed opportunity. You missed the boat – paralysed and not being able to climb aboard – and dancing with the black woman, who you obviously are in part of the dream. Have you glimpsed something exciting and beautiful that you missed out on?

Then you enter the unconscious – a truly skilful thing – but I wonder whether you needed to deal with the alligator and octopus first before climbing the ladder.

Then you are literally stuck somewhere, and so go through a struggle about your sexual self. The black woman, I believe, is the full sexual woman that you are, that you need to dance with and integrate. The fact that you dreamt all this is a sign that there is real progress and you are facing the difficulties shown. The next step is to break through – the breakthrough is coming!!

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »
Tony,  I am still working on this one...and I do have a question.  Are the alligator and octopus part of me or outside me or both?  Thanks, Chris

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »
Chris (I like Christine  :) ) – Obviously we cannot say that every dream image is an expression of us – except if you accept http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions/#SymbolDream

But usually it represents a feeling, thought, realisation or function we have. So the alligator and octopus are worth exploring.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 10:19:53 PM »
Thank you.

Last night, after a long complicated sequence of dreams, a short greyish man...skin, hair, clothes...came up to me...not looking at me...said "When God sends someone to you, you do not know who he is."  Any help on that would be appreciated.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »
Chris – One night in January of 1972 I woke to go to the toilet. As I was getting back into bed a voice rang out in the room, “You have asked how God touches the human soul – now watch closely”. A day or so later LifeStream erupted in me.

Later when I lived in Australia I had a wonderful feeling that I was in touch with everything - but being a questioner asked for proof that I was part of it all. So I asked for someone to come to my door – a very unlikely thing as we had no friends at that time. Within a minute the doorbell rang. It was a guy selling Encylopedias. We got talking and talked on into the night – he also was fascinated by the inner life.

The message can come from everywhere or anything – do not forget that God is not a far off figure in the sky, but is everything – every stone, every creature, every puff of wind, every child who smiles and waves at you; and you are it too. Just look around. But some people are so full of denial it is best not to take their advice.

Tony