Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: into the dark  (Read 5922 times)

mikey

• View Profile
into the dark
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »
Hi Tony,
While on holiday recently I had this dream which woke me up bolt upright at 3 am in the morning, sort of have an idea what it refers to, but as always I value your  thoughts.

The dream.
A female leads me into a huge hollowed out tree trunk, so large that somebody has made it a home, it is dark inside and I creep forward into the area carefully, my eyes adjust to the darkness and I can see it is the home of a sorceress or witch, as I can see a rack with various wands on it, to my left is the entrance to another hollowed out trunk which seemed to be the entrance to a lower level, this entrance was mega dark and I felt the presence of something, anticipating it leaping out at me  any moment.

Edging forward into the dark entrance very gingerly, sure enough ,out jumps a huge dog, who is actually the guardian of the entrance, I knew I had to pacify the dog to gain entry, as I felt , down this passage I must go.

As you can probably sense this dream contains that mythic theme.

The association I have with the dog, it was the gmork wolf creature from the never ending story movie, I felt, represented confronting that part which seeks to destroy my hopes and wishes ,and replace it with despair, as that was its function in the film /story, a quote from the story,” people without hope are easy to control. Whoever has the control, has the power”, this is all big stuff and has great meaning right now.

Look forward to your thoughts Tony.
Regards Mikey.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:10:38 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: into the dark
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
Mikey – I have only ever seen a dream like this once before, and it certainly shows that you are being initiated into the big time.

A female leads me – this is the start for many dreams in which you are being led deeper into your own being. Remember that in Dante’s adventure into life and death it was Beatrice who led him through nine levels until reaching Paradise. One of the first levels is Purgatory. A scary name but it is all about how our mind works, because purgatory is what you face in facing the loss of hope and fills one with despair.

But the hollowed out trees are also important, they represent your whole history in this life and many others. That you are in the middle of the tree is itself a great achievement; presumably you must have had insights into this.

The sorceress is the magical power which I call the Will of Life. See an explanation of this at - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-dreaming/#TwoPowers. It is dark inside because you are not used to exploring your unconscious – or collective unconscious – and so it appears slightly alien and strange.

Then you felt the anticipation of what is called the Guardian of the Threshold or Dweller of the Threshold. It is something that has not been named by modern psychology but was seen and appreciated by ancient alchemists. Basically it is what we meet as we enter the unconscious for the first time – our karma; the things we have lived and done that are still pressing for attention.

Interesting that you didn’t say how you dealt with Gmork. The dream I saw had Lurch as the guardian – equally scary. But you must not fight or attempt to kill this creature, but walk into the dark with it. In that way you show you are not under the power of loss of hope and despair. It can be done and it is what you need to be capable of if you want to travel further into yourself.

Of course the second level in the trees is the threshold of the cosmic mind, the unconscious – it has many names. Tell me what happens next. If you explore your dream you are ready for an amazing experience. See - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-dreaming/#TwoPowers

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:40 AM »
tony, many thanks,
i am always stunned at what you manage to come up with, puts into perspective my own feeble attempts at trying to understand the dream,
interesting that you mentioned walking with the gmork creature into the dark,
i did feel on thinking about it, on my abrupt waking,that i needed to make friends with it,i also forgot to mention the vision i had on waking,i saw hercules with cerberus the 3 headed dog in is right hand strangling it,i felt this to be the wrong approach,i have learned , it is  better to make friends and convert with these "gone wild creatures"as afterall , they are part of our own psychological/spiritual make up.
i am 57 yrs old and have often felt that i shouldnt be dreaming this stuff at my age,but i am on a quest,that is for sure,and a whole new world of adventure is opening up to me,
loving every minute of it !
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 09:30:58 AM »
Mikey – It is such a pleasure – really – to be a small part of your growth. I guess I started at 13 and I see spiritual growth as the most important thing, whatever age you are it matters little.

And thank you for sharing what you did.

Tony