Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vivid Dream - Bird - Feathers - Fish  (Read 6143 times)

fish1303

• View Profile
Vivid Dream - Bird - Feathers - Fish
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
Can you help me interpret this dream. It has two distinct parts.
The first is I am in a bathroom sitting on a toilet. A stream of water flows from the outside window. In the stream is a large koi fish. I am a passive observer as it passes by. Then a bird is carried into the room in the stream. It has flamingo pink feathers, but is more like a smaller version of a swan. I don't see legs. I become active and the bird talks to me. It tells me to lift its feathers. I do. They detach like a cloak and I cover myself and the bird. The bird talks to me. She and I kiss and exchange intimacies. Then I return the feathers to the bird.

The second part is easier for me. I leave the bathroom. I have come to a hotel to confront a lover who wronged me. My efforts to get to him before he leaves are impeded. I am dressed apart from a pair of white lace tights which refuse to go on. I give up and run barefooted with the tights and high shoes in my hands. I push through crowds to get to him outside before he leaves. The reunion is unpleasant. He is drunk and angry to see me. The meeting goes nowhere.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Vivid Dream - Bird - Feathers - Fish
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 01:32:54 PM »
Fish – The last part is obviously conflicting feelings you have about men or a man. Have you had relationship(s) with abusive men? It could be as long ago as your childhood, your father or family members. But remember that whatever set it in motion is now just a habit pattern. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYXq1Ox4sk where he describes the power of habits.

The first part of the dream is almost a trip into the mystical dream world of love. The fish is a symbol of unconscious wisdom, and the bird of the ability to rise above the thoughts and troubles of the world. That you clothed yourself and the bird and experienced love is an example of your potential – like a helicopter trip to the top of a mountain. Wonderful but you then have to land again at the foot of the mountain and climb it.

That was when you returned the feathers to the bird.

Tony

fish1303

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »
Thanks for this. The symbolism of the animals was most important for me. And as such, a positive message. So I will focus on that.

The other part is closer to recent realities. I took the white lace tights to signify my hope of a lasting relationship (as I would associated white lace with a wedding or a church ceremony) and the fact that I could not put them on no matter hard I tried, that the relationship was a bad fit and I could not force my way into it. The man I confronted refused to turn around when I tapped him on the shoulder, and then I had again to be more forceful. His reluctance to look at me face to face mirrors the everyday.

At the initial stage of this relationship breakdown, I had another dream. I had another dream.

Where I fled a flood. In the dream my children were much younger than they are now. We were in a strange house and my ex-parents in law were trying to stop me taking my children. Eventually I succeeded . The house was on the top of a cliff. I could see black clouds and huge waves in the distance. I packed my children into a camper like van and drove down a cliff the water close on our heels. It was a rugged rocky road, and I was holding on to the steering wheel for grim death. When I came into the straight, the van hit lots of bumps. In my mind I knew they were like dead bodies. When I stopped the van, someone slid the door open from one side. Behind me and at the other side of the van a crowd of angry people had gathered and were shouting at me. But as the door opened, I hear a voice, I was sure it was my dead mother's voice and she said in an very grave tone - Don't look back. I woke up then.

I took it to mean my path now is right and that I should concentrate on my core family and not be concerned with other people's opinions of me. Is this right?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:47 AM »
Fish – I felt the lace tights were about your desire to attract a man – that they didn’t go on I think can suggest a very different approach than using your sexual attraction to get a man. I know that is in all the media now, but there are other ways.

The message from your mother is the most important and you should keep your eyes on where you want to go, not where you have been. There is something I learned years ago that is very difficult to pass on. It was something like not trying to survive by the way everybody else does it, but live a life of freedom and take to heart the message of the swan and the feathers. Live as if ….

Tony

fish1303

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »
Thank you for your time and your thoughts. Much appreciated.