Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Black Snake  (Read 5611 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Black Snake
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:33:42 AM »
I see myself walking into a cloak room.  (In catholic elementary school, it was a room at the back of the classroom which held all the kids hats and coats on hooks).  I am thinking about buying or getting new clothes and I pull a hat down from one of the hooks.

Next I see my self at the bottom of the ocean.  I see a tall dark figure and a short dark figure (child?).  The tall dark figure is feeding small pieces of golden bread to a Huge, Long eel or snake.  The eel seems to have thin, slanty eyes and can't see very well.

(Apparently the black whale in my previous dreams has now turned into a snake.  It also looks like the snake that eats its own tail.)

Hope you are well Tony!

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Black Snake
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:50:16 AM »
The snake that eats its own tail - what does the tail represent?  In a recent dream I had, 3 snakes in a ring were all eating the next ones tail.  I am thinking the answer might help me in the relationship with myself and others.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Black Snake
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »
Christine – The snake with its tail in its mouth is called the Ouroboros, and represents the whole cycle of life and as a symbol has been used in most cultures from African to yoga and Greek.

It represent the whole cycle of life, for it destroys itself in death and in that way makes a new beginning. It also represents the opposites of nature or Life which blend into each other as shown in the yin-yang symbol, and is the opposites of spirit and matter – for if you follow matter deep enough it become the invisible, and if we follow the invisible far enough it become matter. Life and death, male and female, sleep and waking; they are all opposites which if you explore become the other. So explore it.

Tony