Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In and Out of My Body  (Read 4843 times)

Christine

• View Profile
In and Out of My Body
« on: July 28, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »
The other night, I half woke from sleeping.  In this case, I was sleeping on my stomach and felt something large and heavy on my back.  At the same time I was above my body and saw this large black mass on my back.  I was in my body and could not lift my head, back or arms, and at the same time I was above my body watching this.  Even though I was watching my body experiencing this I was powerless to direct it.  At some point I surrendered and went back to sleep.

I usually do not remember dreaming anything when I have experienced the above, which thankfully has only happened 3 or 4 times in my life so far.   

One time I did wake up and see a large black mass in the corner of the bedroom.

Is there such a thing as "residual energy" from past experiences?  Or is the above usually about something in the present tense?

I have had a few waking out of body experiences in my lifetime as well...so I am not particularly freaked out by the above...just wondering.

How is the project going?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: In and Out of My Body
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
Christine – Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-dreaming/#Paralyzed unless you already have.

It explains how our conscious self is often at odds with what I call the Life Will, and so is frightened of it or depicts it as a dark – unconscious – figure. And yes, there is always residual energy. It is usually working as self-regulatory process trying to push what needs to be met into consciousness. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/the-secret-power-the-force-that-heals/

The inability to move is a sign that you are dreaming and so your voluntary muscles are paralyzed or almost so.

And the ‘project’ is very slow work. I had a lot to do in the first part before ever getting to the dictionary, and now I am up to analyst, but am learning so much as I go through that I have to keep going back to alter things already ‘finished’. It is the way of things. Also I have ideas for other things I want to write - It is what I love.

Tony