Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nightmares and Poor Recollection  (Read 9579 times)

NightOwl

• View Profile
Nightmares and Poor Recollection
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »
For the most part I haven't been able to remember my dreams lately which is unusual as I normally recall them every night. This has been ongoing for more than 3 months now. My main concern is that from what I can remember I have been having nightmares every single night. I have never had so many, as now it seems that it is turning into the norm as I tend to wake up in the middle of the night after them. No matter what I do even if I had a good day I still seem to feel uneasy about what I dreamt or have some kind of nightmare that night. What could this be about? and how on earth do I stop it?

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Nightmares and Poor Recollection
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »
What you described happened to me when I was deficient in one or more vitamins and minerals.  For me it was Vitamin D, Calcium and Magnesium.  I was never a big dairy eater and I have had to add a lot more to my diet, with magnesium, as my Vit D supplements were not getting absorbed.  Since adding those 3 supplements, my dreams are much less fearful and I sleep better now.

Eating too much salt, having too much caffeine and even one can of diet soda can also result in fearful dreams for me.

If you are deficient in Vitamin B6 in particular (if I remember correctly) that can lead to poor dream recollection.

Since your problem has been so persistent, I am thinking you might have the same cause.  You might want to look at your diet, visit with your doctor or see a naturopath.

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:03:01 AM »
Christine - thanks so much! I think you could be right about that! I am vegetarian and try to eat a balanced diet but among the stresses of daily life it's not that easy. It could be true that I need vit D as I seem to not be able to get any sun this summer whatsoever, strange when I am outside all the time and my legs are whiter than ever! (and i live in a sunny place where most people tan often) Thanks for your insight! I will look into it and talk to my acupuncturist too. :)

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 05:25:46 AM »
not sure if this relates but i just had a dream with a white wedding dress and a black funeral dress...

http://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=897.0