Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sitting in a Chair/No Face  (Read 5232 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Sitting in a Chair/No Face
« on: August 15, 2012, 11:15:39 AM »
Old dream.

I am sitting outside on a bench and across from me a woman is sitting...she is either dressed in white or all skin colored clothing.  A woman with short grey hair sits on my right...she looks like my therapist.  The grey haired woman says to me..."you do not know who she is."  I look up at the woman sitting across from me and she has no facial features...it is all skin or a blank face.

mikey

• View Profile
Re: Sitting in a Chair/No Face
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:27:49 AM »
seems to me this dream is about identity,an  aspect of yourself yet to be fully recognised,perhaps your therapist in real life has or is in the process of helping you to realise this,
i did notice a similarity to gestalt therapy,i am sure your are aware of this method,it might be worth exploring your dream with that particular method .
hope this is of some help,
rgds mikey

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
Mikey,

Thank you so much for the note regarding Gestalt.  I have not looked into that but will.

My therapist and I were talking this am...as a child I had to make myself invisible...my own feelings, need and wants, to survive.  Lots of depth to plumb there and in my adulthood.

I very much appreciate your help.

If there were a heart icon I would send you one!

Christine

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »
An excellent entry in answer to your dream.

The Gestalt is described here as http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/#TalkingAs

Tony