Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Figures in Dreams  (Read 9913 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Figures in Dreams
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »
I do not know if anyone has had the same experience so I will post it here.

Sometimes I will see unrecognizable figures in my dreams, but I can usually tell if they are male or female.  Although I do not see a particular person, in the dream my mind knows who they are and I might even say their name out loud.

There is a discoonect between the person I see and who my mind identifies.

I am unsure if there is something to be learned from the disconnect or if I even should bother thinking about the meaning of the dream.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Figures in Dreams
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 10:40:25 AM »
Christine – I am not sure what you mean by disconnect. But a dream someone showed me year ago stuck in my mind and perhaps it has something of your experience in it.

It was a man who had a very rough time in his family environment, and he was wondering what it was all about. He saw his family as wild and cruel creatures. But then he had a dream of sitting at their family table and there were his whole family transformed. He could see them as they really were, radiant and whole, and he realised that they were always like that underneath all the offensive habits they had. It changed his relationship with them – even though the viewsof them didn’t not connect.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:38:46 PM »
By disconnect I mean that my eye does not see a particular person, yet my mind identifies the figure as a particular person.

Your reply was helpful in a different way.

I hope you are well! :)

Christine

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 09:38:58 AM »
Hi Christine - It does sound a bit like your eye - physical senses cannot see the reality - but your mind or inner perception sees.

I am doing okay, and the sun has decided to shows itself after - literally - months of rain. It makes such a difference.

Tony