Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Saying hi..  (Read 8731 times)

Sunflower

• View Profile
Saying hi..
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:48:53 AM »
...and here's another newbie.. :)

It's been about 8 years ago now that i found out that there's a lot more about dreaming. And besides that...i then got to know a whole other, untill then, unknown part of myself. I suddenly found myself writing poetry, stories. Fears and shyness suddenly weren't part of me anymore. But...i got scared. I think because of the unknown. Because...what could come next?
Now, there still is fear, holding me back from that other part of me. But, luckily, i still am having my dreams. Not remembering them from every night, but once in a while...

...still wishing to have the guts to just let go and go with the flow...

Love,
Sunflower

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Saying hi..
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »
Sunflower – Thank you for your words. It is so encouraging to read someone’s real change and fears as well.

So welcome to our crew here, and of course a welcome from me. It took me an age to let go. I think it was something like 12 years, and I see it as taking a step at a time. I believe, strangely enough, that you have to have a very strong ego to let go of it. I found yoga and breathe control helpful to strengthen me enough to let myself really trust myself.

So carry on growing, you sound as if you are doing fine.

Tony

Sunflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Hello Tony,

finally a reply several months later...Thank you still for your reply back then!

Well...so much for needing a strong, very strong ego to get behind fears...even to get myself only started.

But...do we need a strong ego to get over our fears or is it that strong/big ego we need to leave behind in order to get over those fears etc.?

Greetings,
Sunflower

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 09:08:47 AM »
Sunflower – It depends how you interpret the word ego. For it is an uncomfortable journey to actually see oneself. It is a demanding climb to have ones awareness stretched and widened beyond ones personal limitations in order to include a vaster experience of yourself. Therefore there are inbuilt or personal resistances to actually having direct insight. It is easier to remain at a symbolic level rather than discover the wonderful or uncomfortable truths about oneself.

So you do need strength to actually face yourself – strength of whatever you call it that needs strengthening. So many people run away from pain and emotions because they do not know how to deal with them. Yet there is nothing but yourself you are facing in dreams. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions/#FaceFear

Tony