Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Low Tide  (Read 5773 times)

Sunflower

• View Profile
Low Tide
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »
In a dream from last night i'm walking on a muddy, not very wide beach. I'm all alone there. Daylight. The sea is quiet. Every 20 metres or so there's a tunnel. While walking through the first tunnel at my left i see a bowl and i know this bowl is the place for baby-turtles. It appeared that every tunnel i walked through there was an identical bowl. I then remembered the existence of beaches where parts of it were protected, the turtle beaches...in order to let them breed.
Walking there was kind of peaceful. It somehow felt special, seeing these bowl and knowing about the turtles-to-be. I tried to take a closer look at a bowl, wanting to know what the turtles-to-be would look like. I saw that the bowl was full of clear, fresh water and in it were little 'parts' that reminded me of frog-spawn. When then looking at the muddy sand under my feet, while walking through yet another tunnel i suddenly saw something that looked like a little yellyfish. I looked around and saw more of them. There were all pretty small, though different sizes and all coloured white or light-blue. Knowing these jellyfish could sting, but also because i just didn't want to step on them i decided to go back.
I didn't turn around but starting walking back backwards. At one point i saw the water on my left and the shore on my right. The shore was pretty high up. I then understood that it was low tide. When i came out of the tunnel i looked up the shore. A f. collegue of mine was standing there. She moved her hand out to grab mine to pull me up. I knew the part of the shore where she was standing was also muddy and yes...she sank in the mud and ended up on the beach. I then tried it myself, trying to climb up the shore and succeeded.

I'm pretty curious about the meaning of these turtles-to-be. It felt like i had seen something here, that one normally wouldn't see..

Sunflower

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Low Tide
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »
Sunflower – A strange dream and one I only have a vague feeling about.

So it seems you were exploring a level of your being, of Life, that is about reproduction – not necessarily human. It was about being aware that what you saw had been set up to help these cells/creatures survive.

That level of life is about the internal world we live in our body, the life of cells and creatures. That is why there was mud everywhere – the basic material of life and death. The jellyfish were also a reminder of that at that level of experience there re dangers for your conscious mind if you are not careful. You managed to get out of that stare of mind.

It would be good to find your own feelings about the dream. Try using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/#TalkingAs

Tony

Sunflower

• View Profile
Re: Low Tide
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:25:15 PM »
Hello Tony,

again, after such a long time, thank you for your thoughts on my dream.
Back then i've been thinking about the meaning of this dream over and over again but nothing came up.

Right now it still doesn't make a lot of sense, but..

You wrote:
"You managed to get out of that stare of mind." I think (or know) this is where i need to go...to get out of a certain stare of mind. I've been ill (nothing serious) the last few days, which brought me to a slower pace and a quieter mind. (this afternoon a new idea even came to mind) I think this peace of mind can be linked with the 'low tide'. It gives a clearer vision.

Last night, again i dreamt of a body of water. I was cycling home after a nightshift. When having left the city a cycled a long road across a little lake. Between the lake and the road there was a beach. As early in the morning as it was, several people were laying on the beach and people were even swimming. I saw how someone found her little kid in the water, like she had lost the kid out of sight before. Shortly after this i heard another young woman yelling the name of what (what i thought) her little son. I looked over the water to see if maybe i saw a kid in trouble but everyone seemed fine. Then the young woman saw her "child" in the water and jumped into the water and then was reunited with her kid. But i was very surprised. It was not a kid, but a dolphin. After this i got myself cycling again. I thought about so many youngsters on that beach so early in the morning and then knew that they always did this before they went to school.

Thanks again!
Sunflower