Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RE: cobras and whales  (Read 5868 times)

Xochitl

• View Profile
RE: cobras and whales
« on: September 06, 2012, 06:35:13 PM »
Dear Tony (and friends),

I am hoping for some guidance on a recent dream.  I was on a beach by the ocean and the view I had in the dream was looking out of my own eyes (as opposed to seeing it/myself from above, etc.)  It was a grey, cloudy day, no rain but one of those semi-misty days, overcast.  (I tend to really like that color of sky.)  The ocean was grey and water churning up some big, deep waves in places.  Water was deep.  I was looking out to the water and could see my younger brother (looked like he was age 10--he is now in his 30s) out in the water with someone else, could just see upper part of their bodies and little heads, off in distance, in water though somehow they were standing up so it must not have been so deep? 

To the left I saw the tail of what I believe was a humpback whale, grey and huge.  I was worried only because of the size in comparison to my brother and the other person--their heads looked like dots comparatively.  But I could see/sense/feel that my brother was excited to see the whale--we all were.  It felt harmless and beautiful.  He turned toward it in the water, like "Oh look!"  Then another whale tail appeared to the upper right of where my brother and the other person were, and the tail flapped over them and put them under the water and I didn't see them anymore.  I wonder now why I wasn't more upset because didn't that mean they were drowned by the whale? 

But I was concerned with what I saw to my right on the beach:  a beached whale--think it was the same one--*split in half* as if it had been snapped!  Whitish-pink guts spilling out, cracked in half like a wishbone.  I was so upset by the gore and felt that it was my fault (maybe?) the whale had died.  It looked like an attack; this was not something that could have happened naturally like that.  Deliberate.  Then again, dead it could not harm anyone (such as my brother).

In the same dream, I was on a dusty path and saw a large cobra in front of me maybe about 6-10 feet away.  It looked like it was real but huge and also kind of like a drawing of a cobra.  It bit someone who was ahead of me, I couldn't see them but I saw it lunge and bit and the person died.  Then it was hovering in the air with only about one loop, maybe two coils in its body.  There was a second cobra to my right, out of eyesight at first, but it appeared to take the place of the first one.  They were like twins, perhaps aspects of each other, related?  I wasn't so scared as long as I kept my distance but I kept in mind that it had killed someone just a little while before.

I would appreciate any guidance you may have on this.  I've recently been going through a lot of difficulty in my career (stress about whether I should be doing this at all, whether I am good enough, why inter-personal relationships and interactions are so stressful and often unsuccessful).  Also stress around family with my dad and brother, feeling I can never be good enough or make up for mistakes of the past, but also angry that he seems to judge me and forgets things like my 40th birthday (but texts on the same day with some inane comment).  We used to be "twins" in a sense but he has made it clear that we are no longer close and largely to do with unspoken things that I have done wrong.  Also having concerns in a love relationship.

So maybe this info helps, maybe not...

Thank you!  Peace, light, love

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: RE: cobras and whales
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:40:46 PM »
Xochitl – The sea and the whale probably relate to the things that are about your internal huge memory or experience, and the whale is the powerful, huge and largely unconscious life drive in humans. So seeing your younger brother, which is usually a younger version of yourself, suggests that you were at that age very much a child of nature. It shows a massive force coming into your life that can alter you present vies and therefore your way of seeing things. It suggests change.

The whale is very much linked with the story of Jonah who was swallowed and yet live and came back. It is saying that you are very much entering the world of the unconscious. Such things tend to only happen over time, so it will become apparent slowly.

The beached whale that you split in half is not so good, and suggests you may be tearing yourself apart trying to see what was going on in you. Then you confront a cobra, but wisely keep away. The killed person was probably you, poisoned by all the worries about work and family and relationships.

I feel that you might benefit by using http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/methods-of-awakening/.

Tony

Xochitl

• View Profile
Re: Ganesh
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
Dear Tony,

Thank you so much for your reply and insights.  I also really appreciate the link...you are absolutely right and the guidance there has been most helpful.  Thank you *so* very much.

I wanted to share a new dream I had last night.  I was in a landscape like rural Michigan (lower not U.P.) with rolling hills and large man-made pond in the distance.  Sunset but overcast.  My friend's restaurant was located there and I was in the front area/driveway in front of restaurant.  A fancy place, very chic, wealthy people would travel to get there because it was worth it.  In the front there was a statue of Ganesh upraised on a concrete pedestal in the middle of a circular pool.  His figure was lounging, not sitting up as usually seen, and in his hand (?)/in front of his torso was a big floral display of white and yellow flowers including white Queen Anne's lace.  Artful arrangement.  He seemed relaxed.  I was happy to see the flowers and thought they were a good sign.  My friend was there in the driveway welcoming guests who had just arrived in a big black SUV with tinted windows.

Some background: I have a friend who owns an Indian restaurant whose logo is an elephant.  She is very dear and spiritual and has been asking me to come over to help with design.  Also, my mother passed away 12 years ago (just had anniversary though I have been feeling so guilty for forgetting the actual day, remembered leading up to it and afterwards) and she spent the last few months of her life in a hospice in rural Michigan.  It was a beautiful and peaceful place and in the dream it looked just like that.  Also, my mother loved elephants (and giraffes and other tropical animals) and a couple weeks after she passed, she came to me with Ganesh in a dream to reassure me.  It was very clear...  Also, I have been designing flowers for a wedding and it has been a very stressful experience dealing with members of the team but a great opportunity for me and the bride is very sweet, child of a client of mine.  We had discussed using Queen Anne's lace native to this part of the country, and I love weeds that are actually flowers...see beauty in what others cast aside...

Today is the new moon...

Perhaps all of these things just came together and it's no more significant than that....I want to believe that there is a message in here for me...perhaps I am blind to it...I hope you may be able to help me understand...  I have been struggling with life purpose, feeling the need to make radical change and yet not seeing a way and needing comfort, to know that I am not alone. 

Thank you so much for any insight you may have.  Your vision and your time are a blessing.