Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recurring Dreams in familiar houses  (Read 5473 times)

KelliPearl

• View Profile
Recurring Dreams in familiar houses
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:13:56 PM »
Lately, I've been having several dreams that I am in a house that looks very familiar.  One I know was my childhood house, and it looked the same except that it had an upstairs.  Another house seemed possibly like a lake house we used to visit in the summer (when I was in my 30's), but it was a little different.
The recurring issues are 1) I know the house...I know my way around and I know what is behind each door and I know which way the hallways go.  2) I'm always looking through drawers...sometimes a dresser, once a stack of plastic storage drawers, once a stacked wood drawer.  When I am looking in the drawers, I find things that I actually remember from a long, long time ago... like a little plastic game with a couple bb's inside that you steadily roll into little holes.  And in my dream, I even said, wow, I rememeber this...but I used to have 2 of them, and I look in the drawer again and sure enough, find the other one.  I haven't thought about these toys since I don't know when but it was in my dream and I remember it.  Also, I look at a closet of clothes hanging and I see old clothes that I actually had when I was much, much younger.  I mean, I recognize the clothes!!!  I don't think it has anything to do with being younger, it's more like a strong de ja vu feeling.  And these dreams just HAUNT me for days and days as I try so hard to remember each and every thing I pull out of the drawer or closet.  It's a GOOD feeling but it's strange because I don't think I could have possibly remembered ANY of these clothes games, etc in my conscious mind. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Recurring Dreams in familiar houses
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »
KelliPearl – Despite the recent reports that our memories can’t be trusted, it still seems as if we do hold memories of things far distant and recently forgotten.

But the dream is interesting for another reason, the old houses that you lived in before. It doesn’t matter whether you did or you didn’t, they are still past dwelling places. And that usually means you are getting more information from your past, in this life or even in other lives. It might help to bring these things forward in you to use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/#TalkingAs

Tony

KelliPearl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
Thank you for your answer! I do feel you are right on track! The feeling I get is very strong and it's confusing if Im really dreaming or hovering somewhere.... these dreams are distinctly different from my others.  I have also dreamed I am in large office buildings or parking lots that are extremely familiar, but when I awaken, I can't imagine in my conscious mind where it would have been, but I know I've been there.
The scarey part is also, there are sometimes people who are showing me a door and telling me it's okay to go through it. I know that death/heaven? is on the other side and I choose not to go through.  I have been having health issues and I'm thinking this is exactly how it is going to be when my time comes.

sailrmc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 03:45:13 PM »
I wish to add a thought or two in addition to what has been said..

Taking into consideration, that which has been added-
It appears as if, on your part, there is a hesitancy OR inability to move forward. Perhaps it is the security that you came to know and understand as a child relative to the lack thereof, in your life today, that is the point. The symbolism of hovering (in a dream), can translate many ways, however, given the context, it shows that you hesitate to move forward and you do this because of the unknowns (you are virtually parked).

This dream gives you the perspective of seeing the issue as it exists today, (in some way you are dormant in waking life) and at the same time you are allowed to see and feel where you have come from (the clothes hanging in the closet that you can see and feel their place in your past... and just know that you can go forward because in the past you have gone forward.

regards,
sailrmc