Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cats, kittens and tiger cub in bed  (Read 5694 times)

Wulfie

• View Profile
Cats, kittens and tiger cub in bed
« on: October 20, 2010, 01:36:08 AM »
I've lost the love of my life to another man two weeks ago and since a week ago I've started to dream, more or less, the same dream four nights in a row ...

"I'm in bed under the cover and cats are all over the bed, all sizes and colors running all over the bed. The last two nights a tiger cub passes by over the bed. I notice a kitten under the cover at my feet which I pull up to my chest and I'm seeing at the same time a feline giving birth to yet another. I struggle to keep the kittens away from the bigger cats and when the kittens wander off I pick them up in my palms and bring them back to bed, with me under the cover. This is where I always wake up in "pain"... "

I need to understand.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Cats, kittens and tiger cub in bed
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 12:29:34 PM »
Wulfie – I know you will think I am talking a lot of rubbish, but your pain is put in you because of the culture you were raised in. Love need not be a terribly painful thing. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/recovery-from-a-life-of-pain/ and http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/growing-up-to-love/

In fact your dream seems to be about the crazy out of control feminine feelings. Lots of young growth as well as some possibly dangerous tigers. When your feelings are running like that and they are kept under the bedclothes it is a wonder you get any sleep or peace of mind.

It takes a long time to learn a new way of relating to painful emotions, but it is worth every step of the way. I would suggest using a meditation technique to build a new life, or breathing techniques. I mention breathing because breathing and emotions go hand in hand. Emotions are like spontaneously firing inner events that can be slowed down by slowing the breath. It is like getting hold of the second hand on a clock and slowing. Then the whole clock slows too.

Tony