Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recurring Dream  (Read 5782 times)

Mayaman

• View Profile
Recurring Dream
« on: October 03, 2012, 10:06:31 AM »
I have a kind of recurring dream where I join the Air Force again.  (I left in 1987!!) In my dream I am usually my age now (mid -forties) and they are very happy to have me and me happy to be there.  Although in real life I am know they wouldn't accept somebody so old and I am not sure I would want to join up again.

Usually my dreams of being in the Air Force are nice but last night's wasn't.  I dreamed that I was put in a room with 3 younger airmen and they were all untidy and didn't take much care of the room.  They were selfish and smelt sweaty.  I then decided to find my own place with some colleagues that i have now in real life.  They lived in a really rundown place which the landlady would not repair. The only bed left was a really narrow one but I seemed happy there but not completely content.  I felt a bit disgruntled when a complete stranger had a King size bed and I had a small smelly bed.  Weird.  Any help?

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Re: Recurring Dream
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »
Hello Mayaman!  I find your dream very intriguing especially since I'm scheduled to ship out to the Air Force this December.  

It seems the focus of the dream is your living space.  What is your living arrangement like now?  Are you happy with it?  

I think it's amusing that you leave the "3 younger airmen" for being selfish, smelly and untidy, for a place that's in disrepair with a small, smelly bed.  Of course, the real difference isn't the place.  It's the people.

Hey, by the way, I'd really appreciate it if you'd share about your experience in the Air Force.  

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:44:30 PM by Aristocrates »

sailrmc

• View Profile
Re: Recurring Dream
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »
Hello Mayaman,

Although there is not much to go on, I see your dream as an awareness of how others value you, and a statement of how far you have come on your path of life.

Sometimes we are the hardest on ourselves. At times we need the boost that you seem to be getting! This all courtesy of your higher self, a true lifelong friend and mentor! What a wonderful gift!

sailrmc