Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream of Pregnant Ex and Lost in Wilderness  (Read 6102 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Dream of Pregnant Ex and Lost in Wilderness
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:09:44 AM »
So, it's been a few days since I had this dream so the details are a little vague now.  I just remember seeing my ex fairly far into her pregnancy.  And next thing I know I'm on some rocks in the middle of a river with a couple of other guys and we're trying to figure out how to get off the river and get home. 

sailrmc

• View Profile
Re: Dream of Pregnant Ex and Lost in Wilderness
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
Hello Aristocrates,
When trying to derive meaning from dreams, I have always found it helpful to identify which events are genuine waking life events, and which depictions carry symbolism. (keep in mind that waking life events can be viewed, both, as  real waking life happenings, and symbolism but it helps to know).

This prompts me to ask you to determine reality from that which is not.

If, for example, your ex is pregnant or you feel that you may be the father, if she is  pregnant, then the obstacle in the river can be seen as the emotional island that keeps you from progressing further on your river of life (life as you knew it). It is clear that you wish that you could go back to a level of comfort, go back to the way that things once were, before such a possibility existed.

If she is not pregnant then your dream may be the mind's way of allowing you to to experience a life changing situation through the introduction of genuine emotional discomfort, so that you will avoid such a situation in waking life.
The dreaming mind is an incredible mentor and friend!

Either way you can see the dreams importance.

regards,
sailrmc

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:19:49 PM »
As far as I know, she's never been pregnant in the waking life.  Recently, thoughts of offspring have been frequenting my mind.  It's been about a year now since we've broke up.  We've had virtually no contact since then.  Thankfully, dreams of her don't affect me like they did in the past.  It used to ruin my day, but now I think nothing of it.  It's just a dream and the less time I spend thinking of her the better.

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 01:03:45 AM »
The dream seems to be about avoiding emotional intimacy with women.

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 03:16:37 AM »
what makes you think that?