Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: tsunami dreams  (Read 4583 times)

ian jerry

• View Profile
tsunami dreams
« on: November 09, 2014, 03:36:40 AM »
in my dream. i was in a small quiet village type town,narrow cobble stone streets and allies.it had a feel of an older historic town but every thing was very modern.the buildings and town houses were white bricks with brown arch ways and roofs similar to what you might see in Spain,but all the buildings had french windows.i could remember looking up to see people in their bedrooms or upstairs hallways.just when i looked up into a window beyond a balcony.i saw my ex, i didn't feel any malice, which i thought was unusual,because i cant stand her in real life.next thing the ground was shaking ,i knew what it was,but i was not fearful of it.as i was looking at her ,i could see her look up to the ceiling,then the whole top half of the town house collapsed on top of her ,{what a shame}i looked around, i could see the water at the end of the street down the hill behaving strangely.i knew what was coming and i was still not afraid.it was like i knew what to do and i knew i was going to live through it.i had this feeling that i would be safe in the water,i just  had to run the gauntlet to get there.as i ran down the street dodging the falling rubble, towards the water i could hear the screams of the people who were caught up in the falling town houses.on my way i caught sight of a woman in her house and for some reason i knew i could and should save her ,then i saw her two girls,they were twins.i told them to run and follow me ,and they did.we made it to the water and found a floatation device,it was one of those big wooden cable drums which was empty so we all hung on for dear life.someone else was there with us ,he name was Arron,i meet him about 12 months ago{for real} at a camping place,he live on an old modified prawn trawler in a small shallow bay near Fraser island.we were in the water and could still see the crumbling town ship.then all of a sudden from behind the hills were the village was came a huge mass of water,just like in the 2012 movie.we looked at each other and said hold on.we went up into the air on this wave like a surfer having fun riding a big swell.it carried us away from what used to be the town.i was more worried about being hit with dangerous obstacles than i was of drowning.we landed on what appeared to be a small white sandy beach just off a highway at the bottom of a mountain range.there was a small resort style motel,not that fancy,but comfortable and homely.i walked inside to see a guy called micheal,his nickname was DOC.{i haven't seen him in nearly 20 years,why now?} he was there sitting at the table having something to eat like nothing had happened.i asked him if he had any cigarettes.i gave up about 8 months ago for real.i just thought what can it hurt.he said no.i went outside to look at the water,it was a light black colour with so much debris from the wave.then it all started again,it was if the whole planet started to wobble ,north to south and then east to west .up and down and side to side ,more water coming over the hill from the same direction as before.the woman who i did not know and her twins were safe on another mountain.i was still with Aaron and we looked at each other  as if to say, hear we go again.the water seem to part as it came over the hill and that we were sort of protected from the worst of it.we managed to get up on the mountain were the girls were.every thing seemed to settle after a while as we waited for the next surge,but it didn't come,it was over.i looked across the water or lake to the hills,the land had patches were there was just dirt,like it had been scooped out and there were patches of beautiful green fields.the water  was a nice  blue colour from a distance and very clear up close,i remember feeling a cool wind  on my face and a feeling of tranquility or an inner peace, like everything is going to be OK.all i could think of was about claiming my own little patch on the hill and start to rebuild my own place.strange indeed, but i have had other dreams about the water coming and each time i have been scared and  when the water hit me,like a freight train hitting a car on the tracks i have woken up with a fright.this time i felt totally in control . when i am awake my imagination is not that great,i couldn't make it up if i tried.9/Nov/2014

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: tsunami dreams
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »
Ian - What a magnificent dream, described in detail.

You start with old world environment which has been modernised. It suggests you have recently been rethinking or changing you old established views to something more up to date. This has enabled you to understand what motivates people, understand their inner life. This applies to your feelings about your ex too. Your protective feelings you previously had about her collapsed.

The changes opened up you to even greater changes that are going on in you. You developed a courage in facing difficult feelings that is new to you. It means that instead of running away or avoiding inner pains and challenges you are ready to meet them.

In a way you old view of life is collapsing but you are meeting the changes. The woman and her children shows you are not without caring for parts of you that can be saved and promise growth.

Then you are really involved in the enormous changes you are facing. You will probably not really see or understand this until some time has passed. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Seed

Arron the gut nicknamed Doc, you said, “I haven't seen him in nearly 20 years, why now?” Well it is because dreams are mostly about your inner life, and use external people to illustrate what your dreams are trying to communicate. To save time please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/ - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing. And to answer the question at the end of the dream see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-magical-dream-machine/

I personally feel that your dream is also looking ahead as you meet the tremendous inner changes, and from personal experience I think that it will takes years before you are through. The tremendous waves are enormous inner energies you are meeting of a psychological nature. Also you have been slowly working toward this because in the past you could not allows the forces to work on you and you have already changed a lot to meet them.

I feel that many people are meeting such forces of change, but many are also running away instead of growing.

Your dream shows you the result of the enormous energies will be your feeling of peace and you finding your own little patch - a sort of meeting with your destiny.

Tony