Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about my girlfriend, pregnancy, and marriage  (Read 5629 times)

Ultra-Adeline

• View Profile
Dream about my girlfriend, pregnancy, and marriage
« on: November 01, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »
I am a gay 20 year old woman. I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about four months now. Previously, she had been my best friend for six years.

Last night, I dreamt that we were married. I didn't dream of a honeymoon, or announcing our marriage, or even proposing or anything of that nature. In the dream, I just...knew that we were married. My girlfriend's hair was significantly longer than it normally is, if that means anything.
In the dream, she insisted that she wanted to have a baby, and she wanted to do it by becoming pregnant through a sperm donor.
It was a little strange, because neither of us are really keen on the idea of having kids at all, much less actually becoming pregnant. We were both excited about it in the dream though.
I remember vaguely dreaming of her being visibly pregnant, and we both seemed happy...

I'm very curious as to what this might mean. Could anyone help me out??

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about my girlfriend, pregnancy, and marriage
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
Adeline – I see the dream as firstly that you are committing the feelings you have toward your partner more fully.

But I think that you fail to understand the depths of you – the unconscious – because getting married is the first step to having children. So then your dream shows you wanting a baby. Do not forget that every dream image is created out of your own feelings, longings and memories. So in the dream your partner is actually an aspect of you; probably put into the form of your partner because consciously you are opposed to having children. But you forget that your personality is only a tiny part of you – I know it seems so terrible important to be you, but most of you is under the surface. And are you not a woman, a female, whose very existence came about through sexual reproduction and that is your fundamental power source. As a woman you are a wonderful creator, a creative living process. If you deny that you are denying your source of power. So having a baby in your dream is allowing it. But as a woman with such power you do not need to actually give birth to a physical baby, because your power of creation can go in any direction. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions/#WomanCreative and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

Tony