Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stitched together  (Read 5754 times)

Ghostly

• View Profile
Stitched together
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »
If I can remember correctly it lasted a bit longer then I can make it out to be because I don't know every detail, but I remember it went something like this:
I had just walked up the flight of stairs to a palish colored room, an attic. It was familiar, and reminded me of my friends attic. Once i reached the top of the steps I turned left to see a window and a bed snugged to the corner to the right, and a rocking chair to the left. I immediately looked around and saw no one, then looked down and back up to see I was sitting on a couch and looked up to find myself across from the window, with the flight of stairs on the other side of the wall behind me.

A girl was sitting next to me ( I don't recall knowing her) and she began stitching our arms together from a little above the elbow, slowly pulling it tight and making her way to our wrists ( a nightmare at best) and made sure out arms were touching. It was only then I felt like I had a tear going down my left eye (yes I felt almost a pain in my eye and wetness down my cheek) and somehow I found scissors and snipped the thread that was binding me to this girl.
The scissors just kind of appeared and I used my left hand. Might I add my right arm was stitched and the girl sat to my right, and oddly enough I used my left hand like it was my dominant ( I'm right handed ) and the scissors were just there. I rushed to a mirror (I just kinda knew where one was) and it was VERY close to the couch, I stood up and turned left then in front of the wall there was a mirror in a glass wardrobe. I saw a nail in my left eye. I stared for what seemed like forever and then my body slowly ached and my hand grabbed the nailed, and pulled it slowly from my eye... at this point I was watching myself and it was vivid I felt like this whole dream was real life... And when the nail came out I saw a hole in my eye(the nail was dead center in my pupil) and I stared in horror.

I then closed my eyes and could hear someone calling my name. I opened my eyes (still in the dream) and was in a car with a cloth pushed agains my eye taking me to the hospital ( I was I. The car with my friends mom and I could recognize her easily by her looks and voice as she was saying where we were going ) and I took the cloth off my eye to see blood everywhere. I then woke up, very startled by the events that had just happened making this dream very memorable. So, could I please ask, what might have made my imagination come up with such a cruel way to express feelings?

and if it matters I do "lucid dream" often but have never learned to control it or figure out I'm dreaming until after I wake up, and I have controlled it once but still didn't even realize I was dreaming. Also I have been told I have aggressive REM when it my eyes do move in my sleep.

Thank you in advance! Thank you for reading my dream and I apologize for any mishaps in my story as I writing this very early in the morning very tired
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:46:16 AM by Ghostly »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Stitched together
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
Ghostly – A very unusual dream.

The attic is a place in many dreams where you confront things that are scary, and yet are known but not acknowledged. As in most dreams they are a magical mirror in which your innermost hopes, longings, fears/terrors and genius are made real. They are made real as external environments, people, animals and relationships. So the person you dreamt about is not them, but is a dream image made out of your feelings and memories.

The girl who is binding herself to you is an important aspect of you that you have been trying not to acknowledge or have anything to do with. It is really worth while to investigate what and who she is. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

The nail in the eye is a follow on of the girl. Your denying her is causing you to not be able to see or understand the outer world well. The girl therefore suggests it is a part of you that needs to be opened to.

The blood is the loss of psychological energy, so I suggest you use - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ to explore the dream. It is the best way to really meet and deal with what the dream portrays.

Tony

Ghostly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »
What you said is amazing, and made a lot of sense to me! I will continue to explore and try to find what I am "hiding from myself. Thank you so much Tony! This meant a lot and now I feel like I have a structure to base off of what the dream is trying to let me know (or let whatever wants to show itself of an image f me be accepted).
Once again, THANK YOU.

I guess the question now is... What am I keeping from myself?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:43:09 AM by Ghostly »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
Ghostly - This is purely a guess from what your dream says - but maybe it is to do with wanting to be bonded with someone.

Tony