Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Repeating character  (Read 7272 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Repeating character
« on: January 07, 2016, 08:04:17 PM »
Hi Tony. I'm wondering what it means when a character repeats in the dream world, over a few months, but the dreams are different not recurring, it's a famous character.

1: Our first meeting he just kept saying my name and how happy he was to meet me as if he knew who I was. I'm embarrassed but realise I feel a lot of warmth towards him and to my surprise I actually enjoy the attention (normally attention is very stressful for me).
2: he comes to my place of origin and proposes we be together romantically, he's really certain and determined and carrys my bags for me while we walk and I try to decide how I feel about it and about him..
3: He is leading me across rooftops and I'm amazed that I trust him and follow him despite my vertigo, I jump from a large height onto the ground with his encouragement, he disappears through a cat flap into a house and opens a bedroom window for me to enter and some super friendly kittens appear on the window sill which I pet while I decide whether to enter or not. Then I'm sitting at a large table with him and others (a really sad girl and a really happy girl) the house belongs to an older lady who looks after 'lost souls' she's kind. Then he passes me in just a towel smiling and I'm a bit annoyed that he keeps trying to get my attention in a romantic way.
4: Im sitting at a table having dinner with my dad, best friend from childhood and this guy again. Then Im washing dishes and I make sure they are completely clean. My friend approaches me at the sink, she is upset because she realises her mother lied to her about something really serious that happened in her childhood. I'm telling her I just remembered that incident the previous night and wrote about it in my journal and that I also think her mother was wrong and dishonest to do so. The guy is really silent and serious this time and listening with the gravity it deserves. His head is bowed listening carefully. I go back to the table and I'm told she has disappeared, run off, as she was so upset. A girl with makeup is there now, I guess I'm wary of her..

I have no personal connection with the real life character, this dream character plays.  Though it's not impossible I would meet him one day through mutual acquaintances. I do think he's attractive in real life, but I think that about lots of people. I don't understand why the same person keeps appearing.. I've often dreamt of famous people, but never in a series of dreams like this.,

I wonder what you make of it Tony?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:24:54 AM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Repeating character
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 10:50:21 AM »
Omega – I wonder if you can see some of the connections yourself.

Well, a famous person in most people’s associations is a person who has managed to survive and even prosper in what is often a cut throat world and environment. So in that sense he represents a part of you that may have learnt things that might be of help to pass on. But a character who reappears comes again in your dreams because he is an important and useful aspect of you, which uses the image of the famous person because of what you associate with him, probably unconsciously. So please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

Of course he knows you intimately, after all he is a part of you clothed in an image. He calls your name to get your attention and keep it. He wants to be intimate with you because he is also your inner male and you need to become more intimate. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/

He comes to your place of origin because he – your dream character – is from your origins – your core self. He carries a lot of what you carry within you because he, as your dream character, has the quality of a helper and supporter.

“He is leading me across roof tops” – Suggests this part of you is introducing you to the abilities you have and to dare to use them, like an initiation into the new. He obviously has a lot more to show you. But once you actually integrate him and realise he is your own abilities that so far you have not used or accepted, he will disappear.

“Then I'm sitting at a large table with him and others (a really sad girl and a really happy girl) the house belongs to an older lady who looks after 'lost souls' she's kind.” The two girls are the dark haired girl and light haired girls from your previous dream. They perhaps appear different because different aspects of them are now displayed because you thought about the dream.

The older lady is really a part of you that you are perhaps only now becoming aware of – the ability to care and ‘look after’ lost souls. Such abilities usually appear because you yourself have lived through or are living through the situations that you are well versed in.

The last part of your dream shows you cleaning up past difficulties, and doing it well. The serious incident happened in your own childhood and now calls to be recognised and healed. Your inner male is helping by his involvement – but the girl’s basic response is to avoid meeting by running away. Talk to her and help her, in the older lady guise, to be free of the difficulties by meeting them with her/you.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 01:30:26 PM »
Thanks Tony! I think dreams are so powerfully real - that I sometimes find it hard to breakaway and get a detached perspective, though I should be able to do that. Your feedback is always so helpful and I feel very privileged to be able to receive and benefit from it.

So on reflection absolutely - my inner male. Helpful male figures in my dreams have been very very rare, so it's been quite a change to have this supportive person appear. That's probably why I'm also very hesitant about him and waiting to see if he really is a good person. Normally the male characters in my dreams attack me.

My associations with the real-life character are very positive, I admire: His zest for life, his humour, his confronting 'BS' through mockery rather than anger, his good looks, his fearlessness, his success, his sense of fun, his presenting himself to the public and receiving positive feedback and lots of love. However I also find him a bit over focused on sex, he has intimacy issues and probably identifies himself a lot with his success and public image, he's possibly lacking peace.

So let's see what happens next..what new decisions will be made by my self in the dream world...

Thanks again Tony  :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 08:21:20 AM »
I stand and watch for the next installment of OhMyGodAnother dream!!! :)

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 11:41:18 AM »
Ha!  Well x didn't appear in this dream, but it does seem connected... last night I was on a bus and looked at my hand and saw a huge engagment ring, but I wasn't sure who I was engaged to..  An attractive married guy was sitting beside me and I was wondering could I still kiss him as I'm not married yet.

And then when I took the ring off to look at it, it was different - cheaper than the first image, a base metal sprayed in silver. There was a second diamond embedded inside the band (I had this in a previous ring dream a small diamond embedded inside the band) then I realised I had gotten engaged to a young guy I met in real life who was mad about me but he was way too young. In the dream I thought, well it's ok its not expensive as he hasnt much money but it was a real let-down.. (In waking life I constantly attract men with money problems, they usually manage to take money from me,  though I've never had much) So my conscious feeling about it, is that a cheap ring is not ok.

Then I put my headphones back in and turned up the music - a sort of 'I don't know what's going on here I'm just going to sit back and relax'

Then a huge lion jumped on the roof of the bus, not attacking it just asserting its power. It had a thick mane and was a really beautiful creature. The perspective I now had would imply I was sort of suspended mid-air above to the side, watching this powerful lion on the bus, with a city in the background. (In fact reminds me a bit of a daylight version of the city that appeared on an island in a recent dream).

When I woke I felt awful.. I tried to meditate to find its source and to try relieve it.

It seemed this particular bad feeling was from repeated disappointments, people setting up expectations and not following through.
People using me for gain. After about 30min it began to lighten, then I felt angry at how unjust the dynamic is that I keep reliving. I feel the attitude to the cheap ring was the trying to be positive in the face of more disappointment and the lion is like this force that's saying F*** that nonsense. Don't be 'positive', stoic.. be angry, be powerful..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:11:53 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 08:44:04 AM »
Omega – Be powerful is a great choice. Like a seasoned warrior, or a great lion that has real power, they do not have to go around killing people or blowing them up, because they have real power. Those who want to kill and maim are powerless people who are desperate to show/make out how strong they are.

Go for, and be, the best.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:40:51 AM »
Thanks Tony. I'm not sure how to do this!  :-\ How to be powerful.. Courage isn't even the answer, it takes courage to keep going in abusive situations, but that's not power..

i'm hoping somehow, something is happening inside me, in the process between my conscious and unconscious, my animus and the lion.. That the power is developing somehow.. Perhaps it is this process of valuing the unconscious, of allowing repressed emotions and memories, I will come into my power.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 10:23:02 AM »
You mistake you personal feelings - which are often a real hurricane of emotions and anxiety - for your core feelings.

I honestly am convinced that we do not have to develop love, wisdom or power, for it is already there inside us. We are born with them all but things pour in and appear to cover them - only to reappear again.

I realised years ago that we are all like plants that take time to grow and then to flower and then produce fruit. Power comes when we have grown and grow to produce the fruit of power. All ones efforts may not allow power to grown in ones life. But it is already there so let it out.

Tony

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:26:04 AM by Tony Crisp »

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 10:39:49 AM »
That is a distinction I had not thought about regarding feelings - personal vs core.
thank-you.

Not development, but revealing, yet there's the conundrum. Just accept my particular life has its own growth process and timing..

Ah me and my striving.. Ha ha ok I'll let go for  today  ;)
Then everything changes, like the being silent in nature you spoke about
The storm of personal emotions quietens..and I can listen..

Thankyou Tony
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:40:55 PM by Omega »