Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need insight into dreams  (Read 5261 times)

dreamer118

• View Profile
Need insight into dreams
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »
Hello. I have 2 dreams that I need insight on. My mom had a dream earlier this month that involved a person that I know. In the dream, she said a person I haven't seen in a long time in person, met up with me in person. My mom has no contact with this person, so it's kind of odd that she'd have this kind of dream. She just hears me talking about this person and how much I like them. I had a dream late last year about this same person, and that's the thing that made up contact them again. I had a dream late last year, where I talked to this person to meet them in person. I thought the dream made no sense because I haven't talked to them in a couple years. Though, I started to this person again earlier this year, and they told me they liked me in the past & that they'd take the time out to see me whenever the timing was right. Is it possible for a relative to have a dream about something that can happen in the near future for a person that know? I've had dreams about people that I know, though I never had a dream where a person I know told me they seen something happening for me in the future.

The next dream I had is a pleasant one, too. I had this dream a couple days ago. In the dream, it looks like I could have been at this large hall that looked like a cafeteria. There was a lot people and I seen that same person I mentioned earlier. I approached him, and told him I was excited to see him. Both of us then left the hall, and started to talk. He then gave me a tight hug and didn't let go. I then asked him "why are you hugging me so tightly?". I think he said  in response something like "I really like you". I don't remember any other details. I remember earlier that day, I told another person that I remember that the last time I seen him in person that he gave me a really tight hug. Maybe I'm just hoping that happens again or is this dream telling me something else?

I realized that I typed a lot, though I tried to describe everything as thoroughly as I could. Thank you!

dreamer118

• View Profile
Re: Need insight into dreams
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 06:41:00 AM »
??

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Need insight into dreams
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:09:54 AM »
Dreamer – It is very difficult to know whether the dream your mother described is anything to do with you or not. Because we are never really dreaming about any person, but we use people’s image to describe our own inner politics or intuitions. See to understand this - - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-magical-dream-machine/

It could be that your mother is interested in you finding a partner and so dreams of someone she thinks is a possibility. Our personal awareness is just like an island in a huge ocean in which there are countless other islands. Above the surface of the water, which is like individual waking self-awareness, or our waking self. In this there is a sense of separate existence, with definite boundaries where the shore meets the sea. Beneath the surface however, one island is connected to all other islands. The land stretches away under the waves and rises here and there into other islands. So, it is seen, personal awareness, beneath our everyday consciousness, shades off into a connection with a collective unconscious we all share. Through this connection we may be able to arrive at insights into other people otherwise denied to us.

We tend to dream of very loving things a great deal, but usually they are just nice dreams and nothing comes of them. Many dreams of the man we struggle with or dream of love with are actually either a way we release the tension of our enormous desire for love – or are actually developing a relationship with the most important man in our life – our real soul mate. I am talking about your real other half, the man you are, under the influence of having a female body. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/.

Tony