Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A baby in two halves  (Read 5923 times)

marianne

• View Profile
A baby in two halves
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:37:19 PM »
Hi there,

So in my dream I have baby - I think he's a boy of about 6 months old in the dream he's my son and my own two children are not there. There's lots of getting on and off buses and trams which I don't use in real life and some vague notion that I am with the baby's father although I am single in real life. I take him to the doctor for a regular check-up and while we are there, when the doctor is out of the room, he just falls apart! His top half comes right away from his bottom half and he is in two pieces, but still gurgling away and smiling. I am appalled obviously and desperate to put him back together, thoughts race through my mind that the doctor is going to think I chopped him in half, but she comes back in the room and says that she will simply sew him back together, which she does and I can see crude black stitches around his middle which she says will heal.

I have some ideas about what this dream could mean having looked up meanings and worked on other dreams in the Jungian way, but it is so bizarre that I'm a bit foxed! I'd love some insight please, thank you :)

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: A baby in two halves
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »
Marianne  :)

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for sharing your dream, which I do not perceive as bizarre  :D

I like to share what arose while I entered your dream, and I trust you know that in the end you are
your own dream expert.

You have given birth to part of yourself and you are giving it every effort to take care of it.
See http://dreamhawk.com/pregnancy-childbirth/the-baby-in-your-dream/

The father in the dream is present, although his presence is vague. I see it that your dream expresses
with a different symbol that this male principle in your life still needs some healing, and then its (his) presence will become less vague.
See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/

It is not uncommon that when we give birth to a new part in us, that we are faced with some unhealed aspects of ourself. Although these unhealed aspects of us can have their roots in our babyhood, we can meet them as an adult again so it can be  healed when we are ready for it.
To me the dream shows that you ARE ready for it.
See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/half/

I feel that the response from both the doctor and your baby son in your dream, are those parts in you which have grown to a point at which you do not make a big deal out of this aspect not being whole (yet), and it also shows that you can allow the healing forces inside you to work towards becoming whole again.

It is like the baby communicating to you without words:"I am aware that I am not whole yet and I can smile at it" and if you can look at it that way too, the "healing forces" will take care of it.
A loving dream!
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/love-of-self/

Anna :-)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:15:52 AM by - anna - »

marianne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:09:13 PM »
Hi Anna,
Thank you for the warm welcome to the site and thank you so much for having shed such light on this dream. I do know that I am my own dream expert  ;D but it has been very insightful to have your interpretation and it has allowed some things to become crystallized. Now to work on my animus! Hmmm
Thanks again, I am very appreciative.
:)

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:09:21 PM »

Mariannne  :)

Thank you for your response. It is helpful for me too to learn that you can relate to what arose inside me.

It was a nice experience for me too, to enter your dream and to allow it to reveal it's meaning.
The light I shed was "wrapped up in your dream"   :D

Anna :-)

marianne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 10:30:11 PM »
This is such a great site. I wish I'd discovered it sooner!